No matter what type of product or service you’re selling on your website, incorporating online coupons in your marketing strategy can be a powerful and effective customer acquisition strategy. Couponing can also enhance brand reach and loyalty, boost newsletter sign ups, drive hordes of traffic to your site and ultimately increase sales.
Coupons have consistently proven to be highly effective sales tools for all types of businesses which is why savvy marketers heavily rely on couponing strategies. They know that using coupons with an expiration date is one of the quickest ways to increase conversions.
Consumers will always love the prospect of getting some sort of deal on whatever product or service they have decided to buy. Low prices are a priority for online consumers, so coupons can help your brand stand out from your competitors.
In fact, according Advertising Age, 87% of all shoppers use coupons, while Neilson reveals that 95% of all shoppers like coupons and 60% of shoppers actively search for coupons before buying anything. Consequently, developing an effective couponing strategy is worth the effort because it is pretty much guaranteed to be a powerful source of highly qualified leads and targeted traffic to your site. This is also the best type of traffic you can find online because most of these shoppers actually researched your niche before finding your coupons, and are therefore highly motivated to buy from you.
Here are a few good reasons why you should be incorporating coupons in your marketing strategy:
- Coupons will increase visits to your site from targeted prospects.
- Coupons can help generate increased brand awareness, reach and customer loyalty.
- You can use coupons to generate powerful backlinks from some of the largest authority sites on the web.
- Coupons will attract new buyers who may have been shopping with your competitors.
- Coupons will attract prospects who are actively searching for the products or services that you sell.
- Competitive offers can help you get back customers that you may have lost to your competitors.
- When a prospect clicks through to your site, they are likely to purchase additional items, especially if those items are competitively priced. You may not have got this potential sale if not for your couponing strategy.
Are Coupons Right For Your Business?
Before you consider offering coupons, it is critically important to determine whether online coupons are a good business decision for you, because there is more to couponing than the prospect of higher sales and traffic. You need to fully consider the full cost of offering coupons in detail so that you can evaluate the impact coupons will ultimately have on your business and on your bottom line.
Be sure to keep the following in mind when creating your couponing strategy:
- Always use your logo in your coupons.
- Your customers are only interested in what your product or service can do for them, so be sure to focus on the benefits of your offer. E.g. if you’re selling your SEO services, you’ll want to focus on the benefits of a top search engine ranking.
- Your coupon needs to be attractive and uncluttered.
- Use bold headlines to advertise your offers.
- Offer a free trial whenever possible.
- Advertise images of your products in your coupons.
- Make use of the most powerful words in advertising: latest, new, free, now, save, discover, how to, amazing, profit, sex, proven, love, results, guarantee, money, simple, easy,